There is a way to detox your body and lose weight at the same time. Through detox you help your body get rid of toxins and other harmful substances and this makes your body healthier. A healthy body is able to function better which in turn makes the food digestion process more efficient and eventually the whole process enables you to lose weight.
To really understand how to lose weight and detox at the same time you need to have one thing in mind. Both these actions need a lot of patience and willpower. Losing weight is not something that can be done from one day to the next and detox is a procedure that needs knowledge and a special way.
The best way to approach this is by following the guidelines below:
1. Whenever you decide to make drastic changes to your weight or eating habits you need to get the approval of your doctor. Although most of the cases the chances of causing other more important health problems are limited, to be on the safe side you can inform your doctor about your intentions and get the necessary advice and guidance.
2. The main idea behind detox is the consumption of natural foods, free of processed substances and chemicals. By doing so for some time your body will get rid of those bad toxins and start functioning better and more efficient. In addition the consumption of natural foods makes their digestion easier and faster and thus your body will be able to break down the foods you eat completely without increasing the fat reserves. On the contrary since the process is more efficient the body may utilize energy from the existing fat reserves to cover the extra requirements.
3. A very important aspect of weight loss is eating healthy food and foods that are low in fats and sugars. During your detox period your diet will consist of food items that are calorie friendly like fruits and vegetables, water, rice while at the same time you will avoid diet killer foods like sweets, meat and dairy products.
4. Do it slowly and gradually. We already mentioned above that weight loss and detox take time. You should not rush into getting quick results. What you should do instead is go slowly and gradually. Analyze your current diet and gradually replace items from your diet until you reach a point where the foods you consume can help you detox and lose weight at the same time.
5. Finally, do not overdo it. If at any point during the process you feel that something is wrong with your diet then stop and revise your action plan. People who are not used to this kind of diet may have difficulties in the beginning. This is normal and in some cases expected. What you should do is workout out a plan that you can follow without too much effort otherwise you will get bored easily and quit.