There is a wide variety of diets for weight loss and many plans to choose from, therefore a diabetic person will need to determine what type of diet for diabetes will be most likely to meet their individual needs in relation to their health and wellness and of course its upset.
If you want to lose a few extra pounds and yet have this disease, the most convenient action would be to talk to a medical professional or dietitian. They can tell you specifically as to which diabetic diet plan is best for you and make sure you get the proper allocation of vitamins and minerals.
Different types of diets for diabetics
– Very Low Calorie Diet or VLCD: In This specific weight loss plan, nutritionist offers a daily calorie usage of less than 1,000, it is considered a very low calorie diet system. This weight loss program is only suggested for those who are considered very obese, plus it really should not be kept for longer than ten to twelve weeks. Keeping in mind that this specific variety of the diabetic diet system is considered extreme, it should not be carried out without first talking to your dietitian or medical nutritionist .
– Low Calorie Diet: This weight loss program consists of gradually decreasing, on a daily basis, the calorie intake that can help you lose excess fat. Generally low calorie diets consist of a daily calorie intake of about 1,000 to 1,500 calories for women and 1,500 to 2,000 calories for men.
– Low Carb Diet: It goes without saying that this diet routine for diabetics requires a decrease in your carbohydrate consumption. In essence, this involves reducing the intake of food containing starch, for example, rice , bread, pasta or potatoes, and replacing them with healthy foods that become rich in protein as well as healthy fats, these can be found in foods such as fish , nuts and olives. A lot of known weight loss diets plans are categorized as low carb diets , including the Stillman diet, the Atkins diet.
– Low-fat diet: All of these diet plans are generally those that involve a reduction of saturated fats. Lots of high-fat foods also contain a high percentage of carbohydrates, for example, pastas, hamburgers, pizzas, cakes, and many others. As a result, low-fat diets for weight loss indicate a very good chance of reducing blood sugar levels.
– Mediterranean Diet: This weight loss plan is full of Diets for Diabetics vegetables, fresh fruits and fish, along with unprocessed cereal products. The main protein resource in this type of diet is fish, eggs, chicken, cheese, small amounts of red meat and yogurt. This Mediterranean diet program is high in unsaturated fats and helps to balance all those bad fats coming from dairy products along with red meat.
– Diet of raw food: The plan of eating raw foods has lately been implemented. This diet plan is made up of fruits, fresh vegetables and foods such as legumes, nuts and beans. The idea of following a diet of raw foods begins because every time the vegetables are cooked the nutritional value can be diminished, in particular the water soluble vitamins such as vitamin C and those of group B. This type of diets for only diabetics is made up of unhealthy fat, making it very popular among people looking for a detox diet . Keep in mind that the diet of raw foods for weight loss may not be appropriate for women who are pregnant, children who are anemic or at risk for osteoporosis.
The diet for diabetics: Things to keep in mind
Diet, exercise and insulin are the three fundamental pillars for the treatment and control of the diets. If you suffer from this disease, it is worthwhile to adapt our eating habits as this reduces the complications and increases the quality of life.Diet for diabetics
The diet for diabetics should focus on achieving proper eating behavior so that you learn to eat to control diabetes and you do not have a feeling that you are on a diet that can be stopped after a while.
Changing the customs is very complicated, so the success of these diets is safer if in each specific case the doctor offers the patient some recommendations in a personalized way, taking into account their customs, habits and tastes.
The diabetic should do his part by changing some eating habits so that over time, he will adapt to their eating habits and live them effortlessly.